WE KEEP IT SIMPLE
• Easy usability of the alfaview video conferencing platform
• To access the online platform each delegate must already be registered for the event.
Registration is possible only via the website https://desis2021.welcome-manager.de
• All delegates ( session chairs, speakers and participants ) will receive a
system-generated e-mail invitation to activate a personal user account
• Click the button “Activate user account” included therein or the specified link.
Alternatively, copy the complete link into the address bar of your web browser.
To finally activate your user account, create a password and confirm the use policy
and privacy statement. Via this step, you reach the browser-based back end of alfaview®
• Before first use, download the alfaview® client for your operating system from
the website https://alfaview.com/en/download/ Install the app after download has
been completed. The installation does not require administrator rights.
• All registrated participants of 1st DESIS User Workshop will also receive via email a
participant guide which includes all relevant information on the virtual platform alfaview.
We recommend that you take a few minutes before the event to read through these
instructions and familiarise yourself with the system
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICIPANTS
• Internet connection
at least 15 Mbit download
at least 3.5 Mbit upload for video chats
• PC, laptop or tablet
Cell phone also possible
• Webcam and microphone
for participating in video chats
Please use the latest version of one of the browsers Firefox, Chrome, Safari or Edge. Please do not use Internet Explorer!
Please note: We have no influence on firewalls and company restrictions.
GENERAL INFORMATION ON THE VIDEO CONFERENCING PLATFORM alfaview
DLR's contractual partner alfaview provides the video conferencing tool alfaview as a managed platform.
• Alfaview is a video conferencing platform through which people in virtual rooms can communicate
live via video and audio, which is easy to use and at the same time meets the highest data security requirements.
• The virtual platform guarantees high quality in audio and video and
very high stability even with low bandwidth
• The alfaview company is based in Karlsruhe, Germany.
• All delivering servers are located in Germany in exclusively
ISO 27001-certified data centres and meet the applicable security standards.
The Alfaview video conferencing platform is GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) compliant
• The Berlin Beauftragte für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit
(Berlin Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information) certifies
that alfaview® is one hundred percent GDPR-compliant.
The audit distinguishes alfaview® as one of the few providers with the maximum of four green traffic lights.
On both the legal and technical level, alfaview® scores with consistently green traffic lights.
• Audio and video streams are not stored or shared
• All data is encrypted according to current standards (TLS/AES256)
• alfaview sans fatigue - user-friendly, intuitive to operate and fatigue-free